Before you place your order, please read the following detailed instructions.
- Place your order
- Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
- Mailing address
- Shipping procedure
- Fee structure
- Payment procedure
1. Place your order
- You can order Arabidopsis full-length cDNA clones, Physcomitrella patens full-length cDNA clones, Tobacco EST clones, Arabidopsis transposon-tagged
line seeds, and Arabidopsis activation-tagged line seeds online from here.
- Please e-mail to
email@example.com when you order the resources other than the listed above.
2. Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
- We require every user to sign up our Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) form before distribution. The MTA defines rights and duties for both provider and recipient.
- Please read the MTA form carefully. The MTA may include specific condition(s) required by the depositor of the material.
- When required by the depositor of the material, the applicant must prepare Approval Form and send it with MTA form to RIKEN BRC. RIKEN BRC submits the form to the depositor.
- The forms will be sent you via airmail soon after we receive your order.
- Your order will be completed after we receive all of the forms required.
List of forms for ordering
- Please perform user registration before you make your order.
- Please use an appropriate category of Material Transfer Agreement (MTA). Category I MTA is applicable for not-for-profit academic researches by not-for-profit institutions. Category II MTA is applicable for the following use:
1) By for-profit institutions.
2) For collaborative researches by not-for-profit institutions with for-profit institutions.
3) For contract researches by not-for-profit institutions financed by for-profit institutions.
4) For researches by not-for-profit institutions for financial gain, including researches that directly aim to obtain patent.
(Currently Category II MTA forms are not ready for download. Please send your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org when you need the forms as soon as possible.)
- The forms are subject to change. When necessary, we ask recipients to revise MTA forms.
3. Mailing address
Please return the forms to:
|Experimental Plant Division
RIKEN BioResource Center
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074
4. Shipping procedure
- For Arabidopsis seeds, we send approximately 50 seeds per line via airmail. Please note that the tagged line seeds are usually progenies of heterozygous plants unless specified in the catalogue. The cDNA materials are shipped as lyophilized plasmid (ca. 100ng) via airmail.
- When you need more than 50 seeds, please write the number of vials that you want into your order form; for example, for 100 seeds, please add as "2 vials".
- Orders of 10 vials or more of seeds and clones are eligible for a volume discount.
- When you receive a package from RIKEN BRC, please confirm the name and number of the biological materials enclosed and let us know your receipt by e-mail. If there is any problem found in the materials, please inform us immediately.
- After shipment, we send you a bill. Please pay the amount on the bill through bank transfer or by bank check. We don’t accept a credit card.
It is recipient's responsibility to perform customs procedure for importation of biological materials. Please inform us when you need quarantine certification to import Arabidopsis seeds. Without providing such information, RIKEN BRC cannot guarantee any loss or damage of the materials that is caused during customs procedure.
5. Fee structure
6. Payment procedure
Bill is issued from RIKEN Tsukuba Research Promotion Division. After you receive the bill, please make your payment in either of the following ways:
(1) Electronic transfer to the following bank account.
We request recipients to cover all bank charges (including exchange, commission and handling fees) necessary for your remittance.
(The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research)
||The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
||Wakoekimae Branch (Branch No.727)
||159228 (Ordinary Account)
|Bank Addres :
||1-10-20 Maruyamadai, Wako-shi, Saitama,
After remittance, please send a copy of the transfer receipt to the following Research Promotion Division by fax to verify the transfer.
(2) Bank check in Japanese yen.
Please make it payable to "The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research" and mail the bank check to:
||BioResource Center Planning Office
||3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074
If you have any questions about the payment procedure, please contact